Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘finished objects’ Category

cables

jandishcloth.jpg

pattern: Cables dishcloth for the Monthly Dishcloth KAL
yarn:  Fantasy Naturale (from stash)
needles:  US7 Clover Bamboo
started/finished:  Jan 27
notes:  This was a quick knit and the cable twist was something I had never done before, I think I would like to make a sweater for my daughter in the future with this stitch pattern.  I did make a few modifications to the pattern.  I made the cloth smaller, just a personal preference, and I added a garter stitch border to the sides instead of just on the top and bottom. 

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

I finished the Hermione Mittens on Tuesday and I finally have an OK picture to post.  I thought getting a good picture of Socks was hard . . . sheesh, that’s nothing to mittens.

mittens.jpg

pattern: Hermione Mittens
yarn: Cascade 220
needles: Clover Bamboo
started: Jan 6
finished: Jan 10 
notes:  I made no modifications to this pair of mittens.  I really like this pattern over all.  Since the pattern is for such a long and slim mitten I wear them with the cuffs turned up, I think they fit me better since I have thicker wrists and forearms.  On the next pair I knit, and there will be another, if they are for me I will use a bit heavier yarn.  A true worsted or aran instead of the Cascade 220, which is a lt. worsted, will give the mitts a bit more room and I will start the pattern further up, like row 8 or so, to cut out a bit of length.  If I knit them for someone else I’ll prolly just knit them as written.

edited to add:  These mittens qualify for three KALs; Warm Hands, Another Weasley, and Stashalong. and  I resorted to having my just turned 6yo take the picture of the mittens . . . yeah, that was fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kpsstripe.jpg

This is what I have been working on since Tuesday, a Knitting Pure & Simple top down sweater for Daughter.  Sorry the colors look so bad in this picture, I promise they aren’t that bad in real life.

Read Full Post »

I finally finished Aunt Pris’ hat. 

EWblue.jpg

pattern: Esther Williams
yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino
needles: Clover Bamboo & size 3.75 crochet hook
started: Dec 12
finished: Jan 5
modifications: Instead of starting the edge as written I shifted the start point over 1/2 repeat and I think this continues the rhythm of the hat pattern into the edging.

EWblueedge.jpg

Read Full Post »