I finished the Hermione Mittens on Tuesday and I finally have an OK picture to post. I thought getting a good picture of Socks was hard . . . sheesh, that’s nothing to mittens.
pattern: Hermione Mittens
yarn: Cascade 220
needles: Clover Bamboo
started: Jan 6
finished: Jan 10
notes: I made no modifications to this pair of mittens. I really like this pattern over all. Since the pattern is for such a long and slim mitten I wear them with the cuffs turned up, I think they fit me better since I have thicker wrists and forearms. On the next pair I knit, and there will be another, if they are for me I will use a bit heavier yarn. A true worsted or aran instead of the Cascade 220, which is a lt. worsted, will give the mitts a bit more room and I will start the pattern further up, like row 8 or so, to cut out a bit of length. If I knit them for someone else I’ll prolly just knit them as written.
This is what I have been working on since Tuesday, a Knitting Pure & Simple top down sweater for Daughter. Sorry the colors look so bad in this picture, I promise they aren’t that bad in real life.